Saturday, May 31, 2008

38 weeks (and still prego)

Hey all! Just checking in from the hospital. We hit 38 weeks yesterday and she is now as long as a leek. Another boring one again! ;0)

I can say that the last 24 hours haven't been boring though. Ben and I got to the doctors office yesterday for our 1:30 appt. I got all strapped in for my stress test and had only been hooked up to the monitor for about 5 minutes when the nurse came in to inform us that the doctor told her to send us over to the Labor and Delivery Unit since my blood pressure was still high. So we came over here, got registered and strapped back in for the stress test. I had more blood taken for another round of tests and we just hung out waiting to hear if we were going to be able to go home or not. The doctor - who is NOT the doctor I was scheduled to deliver with on Tuesday of course - came by to tell us that the BP was just high enough that she wasn't comfortable sending me home and that we were going to have a baby! YAHOOO! Sounded good to us! So we called the moms and sent out mass text messages to let everyone know that we were being admitted and that we would hopefully be delivering a baby today. We had some company (Parents, Jac & Todd, Heather, Melissa, Antonio & Lauren)for a few hours last night which helped the time go by. They were being called our entourage cause there was so many of them! The nurse wanted to kick everyone out and give me my sleeping pill but I explained to her that I wasn't going to go to bed until after the basketball game ended and there was only 9:45 left in the 4th quarter! Dear Crazy! So once that ended and everyone was gone - I unhooked myself from the machines for what I thought would be one last time before I slept through the night, went to the bathroom and came back to take my sleeping pill while the nurse got everything hooked back up. I was SO ready for sleep - I couldn't wait for my head to hit the pillow. Turns out - sleeping wasn't really what my body wanted to do. I was up all night. If it wasn't for the bathroom - it was my BP cuff cutting off the circulation in my arm every 1/2 hour when it went off.....and since the BP was high - it triggered an alarm on my machine that had to be turned off by a nurse when she could get in here to take care of that. Madness I tell you. :)

So I got up at 6am to take my shower and get ready (yes- I "got ready" - make fun all you want). The nurse came in to get me all hooked up to my IV and started my pitocin flowin around 7:45 and here it is over 5 hours later and we are still just hanging out. I've been dilated about 2 cms this entire time and I'm not feeling most of the contractions that I've been having. The nurse just came in and bumped my pitocin drip up to the max and apparently the doctor is on her way and wants to break my water to get this party started! ;0) HA!

I'll check in again later when I have the energy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen!! Good luck today!! I hope you're doing well and I can't wait to hear that the little one has arrived! I know she'll be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

btw - in case you didn't know, this is lisa nelson :o)

Mrs. Broad said...

congratulations!!!!!! i just got the update!!! :) mazel tov; can't wait to read your next blog update!