Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Word of the Day is BIG

So today involved another trip to the doctor for a weekly check up! Everything was going as it normally does until the doc was trying to find the baby's heartbeat. We could both feel her moving so we weren't concerned, but she wouldn't stay still for the doctor to hear the heartbeat long enough to register it on her little hand held machine. When she finally found it she asked me if the baby was breech. I told her no - that the doctor had felt her head at my last appt and she responded to that with an "UH OH". What do you mean uh oh!? :0/ She explained that if the head was down where it's "supposed" to be and her heartbeat was were it was - she thinks the baby is "big"! Here we go again with being told she is big. Do they really know? I mean - how could they?
The doc continued with an internal exam to make sure she could feel the head as well and when she did she said "there she is. She's got a little ways to come down - hope there is room for her". Of course - I questioned what she meant by the comment to which she replied with "if she is on the bigger side - I just hope she has room to come down the birth canal". And if she doesn't have room I asked? At that point she tells me that if she didn't have room then I would be having surgery! Dear Crazy!!
So now we get to sit and wait until next Wednesday afternoon when we go back for another appt to find out if she really is "big" and what might be happening in early June.

Stay tuned......definitely more to come.

1 comment:

Talking With Hands said...

Omg...what if she is too big for the wedding day outfit I have for her. I am going to go bridezilla on her :) ~ Sissy