Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wednesdays Doctor Visit.....

I had a doctors appt yesterday afternoon and learned that my blood pressure had "sky rocketed" and they were/are a little concerned about it. We went through the appt like normal and everything with the baby is fine. Her heartbeat is normal and she's dropped down a little more so we're moving along in that respect. The doctor asked if we were taking bets on how "big" she was going to be and she said she was going to go with between 8-8 1/2 lbs! Dear Crazy!

Once she was done with the exam - she had me lay on my left side for 10 minutes before they took my BP again. She warned me that if it hadn't gone down that she would be sending me to the hospital to have blood work done so they could see what was going on. 10 minutes later the nurse came back in to take it and it went down just enough that I didn't have to go to the hospital but I did get sent home with two very large orange bio-hazard jugs for a 24 hour urine sample. (Stop readying now if you don't want the details) Starting as soon as I left there yesterday - until 4pm today - every time I have to go to the bathroom - I have to go into the jug. It's a HUGE pain in the a$$ but it has to be done apparently. The jugs also have to be kept in the fridge so Ben and I slept on the couch last night so I wouldn't have to go up and down the stairs every time I had to go to the bathroom. It's hard enough to do what I have to do to begin with. So needless to say - I didn't sleep that well at all and I'm trying to keep myself calm until I go back to have my BP taken again this afternoon.

I was also told that if I started to see black spots, got a headache that wouldn't go away with a round of tylenol, or swelled up in the hands and face that I needed to call the dr and go straight to the hospital to be admitted and monitored for preeclampsia . Chances of that happening are pretty slim but since it could happen - we had to go over it. Stay tuned.........

No comments: