Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Recap & Picture Link

What a fun weekend! Friday my parents came over to watch the Olympic opening ceremonies. I think they were sad that I didn't have a world atlas here so they could show me where all of the different countries are as they were introduced like they did when Jacqueline and I were kids. No need for them to worry - Taylor has lots of opening ceremonies to come so I'll let them do that with her so she can think they are crazy and not me for giving her a geography lesson on a Friday night! ;0)


Later that night we had bar cleaning. Needless to say - its not the best part of the job but it has to be done. It was the 1st one without PJ - sad day! It was a long night with lots of hard work but the 'Hey Mickey' dance tradition still lives on! Leslie S - it will never be the same without you.....miss ya girl!

Saturday morning - Taylor and I headed to Fairfax to hang out with Aunt Jack. It was nice to just relax and spend time with her - especially since I was running on no sleep (literally). After a few hours of fun, yummy lunch and a quick power nap - we jumped back in the car to go to meet up with Ben at his parents house cause DA (his grandfather) was coming to town. We haven't seen him since the wedding so we were pretty excited for his visit. We had a nice dinner and good quality time catching up and introducing him to his great grand-daughter. Ben's family "generation" pic below.....



We came home - gave Taylor a bath & fed her and put her down at 9:30.....she slept until 6am!!! That's right people - our little 10 week old angel slept for 8 1/2 hours! There is a god! ;0)


Today was another day of running around. Taylor and I stopped by Glory Days to have a quick bite with Aunt Heather since she was working the day shift. Then we went to my parents house to check out their new TV. They have finally joined us in the 2000's and have a flat screen HD tv. Good job guys! Then it was back to Ben's parents for dinner and more time with DA. Melissa and Kiara were there again. Kiara looked so excited when we walked in and we thought she was excited to see the baby - we then realized she was excited to see the car seat which means there were buckles to hook and unhook. She's a hoot! We're home now watching the Olympics and I'm ready for bed. Taylor starts day care tomorrow so I need to get some rest since I'm sure I'll be a mess all day. :(


Here is a link to some more pictures. They are in the same "August album" from last week so you need to scroll down a little bit to see the new ones.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=223603304/a=5781352_5781352/t_=5781352


Hope you all had a good weekend!




No comments: