Saturday, August 16, 2008

thought of the night

So I'm sitting here watching the Olympics and just saw the end of the Women's marathon. First of all - the woman that took gold ran 26 miles in 2 hours and 26 minutes. Unbelievable!!! My thought as I watched the 2 runners that came across the line in 4th & 5th place was - I would be BITTER if just ran 26 miles and didn't win a medal! But then again - I'd never run a marathon.....just too darn lazy for that! HA! Dear Crazy!

BTW - on a different subject.....I heart Colt Brennan!

2 comments:

Sara said...

OMG that's so funny that you wrote this b/c my hubby and I were sitting at Outback last night stuffing our faces with a Bloomin' Onion and talking about how pointless it is for all the people who run the marathon and don't win a medal! It's one thing if you're running the 100m, the 400m or even the mile, but to run 26 miles and not get a medal is totally pointless!!!! :-)

Talking With Hands said...

Just to put something in perspective. Todd and I ran 11 miles in 2 hours and 9 minutes. Ummmmm...yeah, these ladies were hauling!

You run for the thrill of the race (do you like how I am trying to justify running a marathon to myself!)