Monday, August 25, 2008

Beach Trip!




Hey everyone! For those of you that don't know - Ben, Taylor and I went to Ocean City this past weekend for a quick trip with Tom & Angela and Lauren & Antonio. After a LOOOOONG week at work - I couldn't get out of the house any faster on Thursday night. :) So let's start there. Actually - let's back up a bit. I've only been to OC once.....for beach week after my Senior year of High School - 14 years ago! I'm not the biggest fan of bridges so I was never really interested in crossing the Bay Bridge just to go to the beach. Well - then we had the offer to join our friends for the weekend and I figured why not!?!

So we meet Antonio and Lauren at their house for some pizza and a bottle for Taylor. After we're all done we finish packing up the car and hit the road. BTW - traveling with a baby is insane! We had to give T&A the stroller or else that would have been the only thing we could have taken. HAHAHA! It was a pretty easy ride - no traffic at all! I texted with sissy (Jacqueline in case you didn't know) about how far away from the bridge I was so I could prepare myself. Antonio was driving and he and I made Ben and Lauren's life pretty miserable for a bit while we sang along to the Grease and Grease 2 soundtracks.....all the while - we go through a toll booth and get on the bridge and I didn't even know it. So it's all clear now - go over it in the dark with what you think is fun music and everything is A-OK! Anyway - we met up with Tom & Angela shortly afterwards and followed them the rest of the way to their condo. The first night was spent on the balcony with a couple of beers and lots of conversation! Good times!

The next morning, Angela and I went to the store to stock up the place and I made breakfast for everyone. Then the fun began! We got Taylor all ready in her new bathing suit for her 1st trip down to the beach. She was too cute for words! We covered her all up and strapped her in to the little carrier and we were off. It was just a hop, skip & a jump away. The boys set up the big tailgating tent so the sun wouldn't get anywhere near Taylor. You'll see in the pics that she had fallen asleep before we even sat down so we just layed her down and she slept peacefully for a while. After a fun & relaxing time - Ben took her up for a feeding and a nap while the girls stayed down for a little bit more fun in the sun. Then it was time to go back and get ready for our night out. We headed down to the Boardwalk to find a place to eat while taking a stroll. It was a little chilly so Taylor got a new (pink - shocker) OC jacket. After passing a million places to eat we finally decided on Shenanigan's Irish Pub. It was great! They had a meal called "The Deadliest Catch Dinner" - I had to do it because of my love for the show and the fact that we were at the beach- how could I not!?! Dinner was followed by a little bit more walking and then back to the condo to rest up for the next day.

Saturday morning started with another Kristen breakfast. The boys were off to the golf course and the girls were heading back to the beach. Taylor did great again! Just like the day before - she napped and just hung out. I decided to try putting her toes in the water to see how she liked it. She LOVES her bath so i was hoping she would like the ocean too. Well - there is a BIG difference in the temperatures and she did NOT enjoy the little dip. She let out a little scream and gave me a nasty look. So we went back to the umbrellas and she was happy again. She and I started to get a little warm - even in the shade so we headed back to the house for a bottle and to relax before we went shopping. The afternoon and evening went by quickly and after some shopping for us and 36 holes of golf for the boys - we were all pooped! Antonio made us a yumm-o sloppy joe dinner and we just hung out on the balcony again. I tried so hard to stay up to watch the gold medal basketball game that started at 2:30 in the AM. I got to see the 1st period before my eyes just wouldn't cooperate anymore. Don't worry - Ben and I got to see the replay as soon as we woke up the next morning. GO USA!!

Our last day was pretty chill. Lauren, Angela and I went to Bethany Beach to check out a couple of shops and a fun little place called Mangos. Mangoritas are fantastic!! Gotta find those somewhere around here! :)

We came back and cleaned up and headed back home. So sad to leave but the real world was expecting us back. BTW - it was dark again when we went back over the bridge - holla!!


So now that you have spent your entire lunch break reading my recap - go check out the pics! Here is the link.....




Hope to see you all soon!
:) K

2 comments:

Amanda said...

did you read MY blog about mangoritas??? I heart that place.

Unknown said...

LOL What? No one informed you that you would need a semi behind the car to take all the baby items on the trip with you??? Now you know why we didn't come up more often when JP was an infant. ;)