Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DING - Round 1 goes to Ben

So you all know what huge sports fans Ben and I are. I'm sure you also know that we pretty much can't agree on any team and our favorites just happen to be in the same conference/division. People have been asking us who Taylor is going to cheer for....Redskins or Eagles....Terps or Hokies? Well - once she is old enough to make her own decision - we will stand by and respect it (unless it's Dallas - sorry Amanda but there will be none of that in this house!!) Until then - Ben and I are going to have to fight about what outfit she will wear on a particular Sat & Sun. My solution for the time being is .....on the Saturday she wears VA Tech - she will wear Redskins on Sunday. And for the Saturday that she wears Maryland - she can wear Eagles on Sunday! Let's be honest though.....she will look better in Burgandy & Gold than in Green! Obviously!! ;)

Anyway - The fight has begun and I'm at an unfair disadvantage......Ben's parents bought Taylor a prize when they dropped off her Uncle Billy at school last week. I got home from working at the hole last night to find a few pictures strategically placed on my keyboard so I would be sure to see them.....Taylor was dressed in her new VA Tech onsie! OH NO! I'm a slacker and she doesn't have anything with Terps on it yet! Looks like she'll be a Hokie fan this weekend for the start of the college football season!
Don't fear fellow Maryland fans - our time will come. But for now.....Round 1 of this fight goes to Ben.

Thank you Scott & Leslie! As much as it hurts to say it......it's adorable! And hey - it could be worse....it could be DUKE! HA! Dear Crazy!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So I should take back the baby sized Tony Romo jersey I bought? ;)

LOVE the Hokie pride!

Sara said...

Ok I'm still trying to come to grips with how you could utter Eagles in the same sentence as Redskins. ::Shudder::

Unknown said...

Go Hokies! Hee hee! It sounds like a fair plan you have in place, though maroon will look best in any case. ;)