Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Daycare update

Thank you to everyone that has checked in on Taylor to see how she is doing with daycare. It's been so far so good. I was a little anxious on Sunday night and not looking forward to the next day. I tried to forget about it so I started going through her clothes to pick out her outfit for her first day. That ended up being harder than it needed to be so I just went to bed to watch the Olympics! HA! Dear Crazy.....

I thought Monday morning was going to be harder than it turned out to be. When I dropped her off she was happy and smiling so I knew she would be ok (as would I). The day kind of dragged on and on as I counted down the hours & minutes until I could go and pick her up. She was awake when I got there and the smile that she gave me when I picked her up just melted my heart. :) She did well again today - sleeping and eating peacefully. There is a little girl at the daycare that was so excited that there was a new baby there on Monday. Today when we were leaving she looked so sad and said "bye bye baby - bye bye baby's mommy" Adorable.

On another note - the first shift back at the bar last night went well. It was tons of fun to see all of my regulars again and to show off some pictures of Taylor. Thanks to Ben, Amanda, Tiz & Lauren for coming by. It was a nice little break but I'm super excited to be back. Can't wait to see all of you!

No comments: