Wednesday, June 4, 2008

14 more days

So - it turns out that Taylor needs to stay in the NICU for 14 more days. Her last culture came back positive for an infection that requires her to be on IV antibiotics for 2 weeks. It was definitely hard news to hear and I'm trying to remain as calm as possible - which we all know isn't easy for someone as neurotic as I am.

The doctors and nurses in the NICU here are absolutely amazing so we know she is in good hands. Ben and I are allowed to come and go 24 hours a day and we are able to hold her for her feedings so that helps me to feel better about all of this.

We are STILL waiting for my staples to be removed so we can be discharged and able to actually leave the hospital for a little while.

I'll continue to keep everyone posted.

K

No comments: