Monday, December 1, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Wow - the saying is true - time DOES fly when you're having fun! It's been a while since my last post and I've gotten a little bit of grief for it! I promise I'll try to be more on top of things. ;0)

The last two weeks have just been a blur. It's been a lot of fun - despite work being insanly busy. The weekend before last - Ben, Taylor and I went to the rents house for a get together with my cousins. They hadn't seen Taylor since she was 4 weeks old and Denise's daughter Kendall had never met her. We finally had a day when we were all free and it worked out really well. We don't get to see Denise and Donna too often so it's always nice when we can get together. I'm hoping Denise got some good pics from that day cause I was a slacker.....hint hint!

The few days before Thanksgiving were crazy - long hours and not a lot of sleep made for some hard days so I welcomed the holiday break with open arms! Wednesday evening - Jen, Ian and Jonathan arrived for their long weekend. We were so excited to have them staying here as we always have so much fun with them.

Thanksgiving day we went to my parents house with Jac, Todd, Todd's parents from Michigan, Ben's parents and brother Billy. It was a full house and we had a great time. Great food and the whole family being together - you can't go wrong! Even TP got to enjoy some "home cooked" goodness. Grandpa John made her some carrots the night before since she has been having "solids" for a few weeks now. Apparently it wasn't as easy as he thought and it took a while to puree them to a consistancy appropriate for her but it was worth it in the end. She gobbled (no pun intended) them all up along with her banana that Aunt Jack mashed up for her. Thanks guys!!

Group Shot from Thanksgiving


Antonio and Lauren came over that night and we played a few games of Pictionary. I did not remember that game being so much fun. You put 6 competitive people together with a big dry erase board and markers - watch out. We had a lot of laughs.....just ask me about my Bill Clinton drawing! HA!!

Friday morning started EARLY with me meeting up with my mom and sister at the outlets at 6:30AM for a little Black Friday shopping. Believe it or not - they weren't too crowded. All of the other crazies went when they opened at midnight! There were lots of good deals but I mainly went to hang out with them. I wanted a little big of time with Jac since she and Todd left the next morning for their 12 day honeymoon in Hawaii! Yeah - we don't really like them right now. ;)

The rest of the weekend was pretty chill. Taylor and I had lunch with Amanda at Sweetwater on Saturday. Taylor had her fun restaurant chair and had a blast hanging out and flirting with our male server. She and I went to the mall after lunch just to walk around.....well - I wanted to walk around since she fell asleep as soon as we got in the car - she got a nice long nap and I got to see what kind of deals were there.

Yesterday was a gross day - perfect for staying inside and watching football. Too bad the Skins made it hard to enjoy. Oh well!

So today it was time to say goodbye to the Elliott's and get back to work. This week shouldn't be as crazy so I'll check in later.....Taylor goes for her 6 month check up on Wednesday! I'll let you all know how that goes.

Hope you all had a fantastic holiday!

Click Here for our November Pics

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks again for hosting us! We love visiting you guys and miss you already.