Sunday, June 14, 2009

OBX - Days 1 & 2

When Jacqueline and I were kids - the rents brought us down here to the Outer Banks with dad's sister and her family every year until I was in college. Last year - Jac came up with an idea to start our own yearly tradition of going to the beach together with hubbies and kids. Brilliant I said and there started the research! Todd found us an awesome house in Duck and booked it - June 13th - June 20th.


Ben and I left Friday night to break up the trip for Taylor and stayed with Nanny. Saturday morning we got - had breakfast and hit the road again. The trip was pretty easy - minus one little traffic backup - we were down here just minutes after Jac & Todd. The house wasn't quite ready for us so we decided to hit up Scarborough Faire to find something for lunch. We went to a little pizza place and all enjoyed the yummy food......

We walked around the shops for a bit before we went and got the keys to the house. Boy was it worth the wait! It's amazing - Todd did a great job! I don't have pics yet but I will soon! We did the normal first day stuff from there on - got unpacked - went to the grocery store to stock the house - I made dinner for us and then we enjoyed some wine on the deck.

This morning was exciting for me! I couldn't wait to take Taylor to the beach. After breakfast I got her dressed in one of her new bathing suits.....


We were off!! We got down to the beach and set up a spot. Then - just as I was getting ready to put Taylor down - she let me know - loudly - that she wanted NOTHING to do with the sand. Ok - no big deal - we walked down to the ocean and got the same reaction. Not exactly what we were expecting but totally fine. She got passed back and forth for a while and then sat in her new little chair from Nana and was perfectly content.....for over an hour!

Finally - today was even more of a special day as Jacqueline and Todd celebrated their 1yr wedding anniversary! Congrats guys - Love you both!!

Until next time!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Broad said...

How ADORABLE does she look!?!? LOVE IT!!

Leslie said...

I LOVE scarborough faire!! One of my favorite places. Be sure to stop by the fudge shop. Oh and I also got busted shoplifting there when I was 12 so be careful! Ha ha!

Dana said...

Taylor is just too freakin cute!!!