Sunday, January 11, 2009

Everybody clap your hands!

Cause that's what Taylor started doing this afternoon! OMG it is so cute! And she is SO proud of herself when she does it. Ben is convinced that she is cheering and clapping for the Eagles big win against the Giants today.....I'll let him believe it - he's in too good of a mood to burst his bubble! ;0)

Our weekend was a good one! It started Friday night with dinner at Jackson's with Jason and Sara! My 2nd time at the restaurant was just as delicious at the first! We had the deviled eggs again and tried the calamari as well. Both were great! As much as I loved the Lobster Roll that I got last time - I wanted to try something new. I got the Salmon with thin beans and potatoes as my side. AMAZING!! I can't say enough about this place except - GO!
As nice as the meal was - the company was better. We hadn't seen Jason & Sara in a long time and we had a special reason to get together and celebrate. I'm happy to announce that they are pregnant and engaged! CONGRATS guys!! We're so excited for you!



Saturday - Taylor and I met Amanda for lunch at Tortilla Factory in Herndon. I haven't been there in years and it is exactly the same. Yummy food in a nice casual environment. As always - it was great to catch up with Amanda and she enjoyed a little one on one time with Taylor and Taylor had fun trying to get Amanda's thumb in her mouth!


The rest of the day was spent relaxing and watching football.

This morning I went to Williams Sonoma at Reston Town Center with my mom and sister for a cooking class. Today's class was on classic French food and the two items were French Onion Soup and Crepes. The soup was pretty good but the amount of work that went into it was not appealing to me. The instructor explained that she made her own broth and started it the night before and it simmered all night. She went on to tell us that we could make our own beef stock and could start with calling the local butcher to see if he had rib bones/knuckles etc to use to flavor the broth. Ummmm.....no thanks. I'm going to "Sandra Lee" the recipe and start with buying a nice box of broth to make my soup with. Already I've cut out hours of work. :0) We didn't get to try the crepes but I am looking forward to making my own. I'm thinking of going with a ham & cheese crepe - I'll keep you posted.

I got home in time to watch the 2nd half of the Eagles game. Needless to say - Ben was up and down - excited and frustrated until it was over. This is about the time that Taylor started clapping and being the little ham that she is! As happy as I was for Ben - I was clapping along with her because tonight is the premier of 24!!! YESSSS!! Jack Bauer is back!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

No comments: