Monday, October 6, 2008

The Weekend and Pictures

So it was a fun weekend for Taylor and I.....yep it was just TP and I. Ben had the opportunity to go down to VA Tech with the boys for the football game and some time with his little bro Billy so I said "GO GO GO". Friday morning rolled around and that was when I started to get a little nervous about being by myself....Friday night came around and I got over it quickly. I picked up TP from daycare and we had a nice quiet evening just the two of us.....we had dinner, went to the grocery store and then I did some stuff around the house after she went to bed. We got up Saturday morning, played for a while....did some tummy time and got even closer to rolling over. Then it was time to get ready for our visit with Amanda. She brought over lunch and we had a great time eating and catching up before we took a trip to the outlets so she could spend her hard earned gift card to COACH! TP loves going into COACH.....no - it's not cause it's full of amazing beautiful purses.....it's cause of how white and bright it is!! At least that is what we tell Ben! HA!!

Later that evening, TP and I went over to my parents for dinner and to hang out with Joan & Bob - my parents dear friends from Jersey. Now - being as they are from Jersey - they are big Eagles fans. We don't hold that against them.....anyway - they brought Taylor a few presents....a new book, a fun 1st Halloween Outfit and a bib that can't be described so I've posted the picture that I sent to Ben....

Priceless huh!?!

After dinner I took up on an offer from Tom & Angela to watch TP for a little while since one of my most favorite bands - Emmett Swimming - was playing at Ned Devine's. They very rarely play in the area anymore and the one time they do - it's the same weekend that Ben is gone. It worked out well though - I got to see the band play a set and TP got to play with Sammie and Baby Daisy (T&A's dogs) ;0)

Sunday morning we got up really early, got all bundled up and drove to downtown Herndon to get on the WO&D Trail and wait to cheer on Aunt Jack & Uncle Todd. The background for this adventure is.....Sissy & Todd are training for the Marine Corps Marathon. They have a pretty intense training schedule and this past weekend run was the longest one - 20 miles. They start near their house in Fairfax and the 1/2 way point was right smack in the middle of Herndon. When I spoke to Jac the night before, I asked her when she would be at the 10 mile mark so we could meet them and she said...."well, if we start around 6:30am then we should be there around 8:30". Honestly - I was at a loss for words when she said that! DEAR CRAZY!! So we got there around 8:15 and started walking. It wasn't long before we could see them running towards us and the next thing I know - Jac asked if she could push TP and away they went.....

Jac & Todd running with TP


TP all bundled up - it was only 60 degrees in Leesburg when we left the house! Thanks to Leslie S for the outfit she gave to us at the baby shower - it came in very handy!!

I have to say - I'm very impressed with Jac & Todd and how much time and energy they have put into the training for this marathon. We'll be there to cheer you on on the big day!

Next it was back to the rents house for breakfast and relaxation! They left to go downtown with Joan & Bob so it was NAP TIME for Taylor and I. Boy did that feel good! We woke up just in time to watch the Skins game. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS BABY!!! I love my husband but man it feels good to beat his team. ;0) Once the game was over it was time for the fun to continue and we headed over to Ben's parents house for Melissa's bday dinner. Taylor was so happy to see her Daddy! We had a nice time and a delicious dinner. Taylor laughed a real laugh for the first time when Nana (Ben's mom) was playing with her. I got some great pics - the link is below.

Hope you all had a nice weekend! :)

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=242410998/a=5781352_5781352/t_=5781352

No comments: