Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh Thank Heaven....

....for Kevin! I'll explain later in the post what I mean by that. I'm going to back up to Friday and tell you all about our weekend in Charlotte, NC!

I left off on my last post on Friday afternoon after my lunch with Katie. That night Kevin and Katie came over to Jen & Ian's for dinner and we had a great time just hanging out and catching up with each other.

Saturday afternoon we were off to the Pumpkin Patch. We got there and got out of the car to find the temperature was a bit chillier than it was at the house. :( We got a few pics with Taylor but then had to wrap her up and put her back in the stroller to make sure she was nice and toasty. Here is my newest favorite picture of the family......
Despite the chilly weather we had a great time! Jonathan got to go on a Hay Ride and pick out a big pumpkin for carving. He and Ben also got to feed some of the animals in the barn which was super exciting to the little guy. There was also a Tomato Slingshot that Ben and Ian mastered. It was then that I saw the swings that looked like little horses. I LOVE swings so that was my excitement for the afternoon! Believe me - you'll see when I get the pics posted. HA!

We got home that evening and got ready for Jen and Ian's friends Kevin and Amber to come by and watch the VA Tech game! They are pregnant with their first baby - a little boy due in January! YAY for them. For those of you that watched the game - it wasn't pretty and apparently not exciting enough to keep Jen, Ian, Ben or myself awake past the 3rd quarter. Apparently Kevin and Amber found his entertaining - they will feel our pain in just a few months! ;0)

Sunday morning rolled around and we were sad knowing that our vaca was almost over since we were leaving bright and early the next day to get back on the train. Now - the thought of getting back on train made us miserable! After a lot of debating - I called Amtrak and found out that it is super easy to get a refund on your unused tickets! That is when we decided to rent a car to come home in. Yahoo!!
After that decision....Ben went to the driving range with Kevin and Jen and I drove out to the outlet mall to walk around for a little while. As we were turning onto the street with the mall I remembered that Heather had told me there was a Steak n Shake over there. I asked Jen if it was true and when she said Yes you would have thought I had won the lottery! I know most of you know about my obsession with this place (thanks Lesalie and Heather) so I was pumped to be able to get a yumm-o milkshake and shoestring fries! I would have loved to get a little burger but my pulled pork was cookin in the crockpot so I wasn't going to ruin my dinner. :)

That evening Kevin and Katie came back over to have dinner with us! While we were getting things together - Ben was calling around to find us a car to get home in. After calling at least 8 different places - there was not one car available in the Charlotte area! WHAT!?! I couldn't believe it. Our happy day turned into a sad day since we were again getting back on the train the next morning. This is where the Oh Thank Heaven for Kevin comes in.....Kevin offered to drive us home. He said that he didn't have anything going on this week and he had told some of his friends up here that he's come home for a visit soon! Happy day - turned sad - was turned happy again! WoooHooo! A thank you shout out needs to go to Katie as well since Kevin had to use her car and she is driving his big Ford F150! THANK YOU KATIE!

So all in all we had a fantastic time down in NC. Jen and Ian are fabulous hosts and it was great to spend so much time with them. Thank you so much for getting all of Jonathan's baby stuff out of storage for Taylor to use....especially that swing! :0) We are already looking forward to your trip up here at Thanksgiving! Give Jonathan a big hug and kiss for us!

It was fantastic to see Kevin and Katie again as well. Katie - it's been way too long! Thanks again for letting Kevin use your car to bring us home in! It was a great ride and so much easier than dealing with the madness of Amtrak!

I'll get my pics uploaded to Snapfish tomorrow and will post the link afterwards!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: