Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stroller Lessons 101

True Story......

Taylor and I went out this morning to meet Becca and Nicole at Starbucks. Becca and I pulled up at the same time and I asked her opinion about either taking Taylor inside with a) the stroller so she could hang out in there or b) just the car seat and she would end up chillin on the floor since putting it on a table is a big no-no. We decided that we would take her in with the stroller.....

So we took the monster of a stroller out and got it on the ground. At this point Becca is waiting for me to open it so we can get Taylor out of the car. This is also the point at which I realize I don't know how to open the damn thing! Every time we had gone out - Ben had been with us and took care of getting this chore done - well except one time but I was with Heather and she opened it out of excitement that we were taking Taylor to the COACH outlet. After a few moments of laughing at ourselves (well - at me) I had to swallow my pride and call Ben at work. I'm not sure he found the situation as entertaining as we did but he was able to guide me through it.....his exact words were "just pull up the handle - duh". Brilliant!! We pulled up the handle - got her in and we were on our way to enjoying our gossiping over skinny cinnamon dolce lattes!

The moral of this story.....learn how to operate the stroller before your husband goes back to work. Dear Crazy!!

1 comment:

LKBeglis said...

Ha! This made me laugh out loud - I had the same problem the first time I took the stroller out of the car when D was a newborn. I spent a very confused 20 minutes with the thing in my driveway.

Some tears and a phone call to a veteran mom friend later, I was able to figure it out. :-)