Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"true story"

i went to the doctor today for another check up - always a fun time (not really). sorry if this is too graphic but i feel it necessary to mention that this big belly of mine has found yet another thing to make difficult. it's bad enough that i can't tie my own shoes at the bowling alley so ben has to do it while our fellow bowlers chuckle at the sight - but then today having to leave my urine sample for the nurse was almost impossible! i will admit i have never mastered the task of peeing in a cup without taking a little peak at what i'm doing and now i don't have a choice as the belly has grown to the point of blocking any view i hoped to have had - and it's only going to get worse. :(

moving on - now that i really have your attention..... believe it or not this is not the point of the post......the doctor came into my room while reading my chart - she says "your weight is perfect, your blood pressure is perfect and (while looking at my newly manicured toes) your feet look GOOD"! For those of you that have seen my feet in the last few weeks - this was fun to hear as they have been HUGE! she told me to lay back so she could measure me and listen to the heartbeat. this is how the conversation went:

dr: (while measuring) - the baby is a good size
k: so you can really tell the size of the baby just by measuring my belly?
dr: pretty much
k: alright - how big do you think she is?
dr: a good size - getting big
k: fantastic
dr: (while laughing) spoken by a woman who has never given birth before!!
k: (embarrassed & laughing) oh - true story
dr: by big - i just mean that she could be a little ahead of schedule

the doctor is cracking herself up at this point telling me that she's never heard "fantastic" from a patient after telling them that the baby is getting big! in my defense - i just liked the sound of it since we're scheduled to be induced early and i didn't want to hear that she was small. i mean really!! ;) dear crazy.......

btw - heartbeat is regular and all in all - i as well as the baby are in good health. :)

No comments: