Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday!

Today was a good day - despite the Wizards losing Game 4 at home and Jimmie Johnson barely pulling out a top 15 finish at Talladega!

It started out at Omia's for breakfast with the girls because Brandi was in town from Kentucky for her sister-in-laws baby shower. It is always fantastic to see her - especially when it's been a year and a half! She brought lots of baby goodies with her! I'm happy to say even though our little girl isn't here yet - she already has her first pair of NIKE's!! Thanks Brandi!! It was great to see the other girls as well - it's hard to get us all together with our crazy schedules. Speaking of schedules - for those of you that know and love our little firefighter Becca - you know it's hard to make plans with her since she is very busy working and volunteering for the Loudoun County and the Sterling Volunteer Fire Company. Well I learned today that all of her hard work and dedication was recognized by VA Governor Tim Kaine himself. She was awarded a 2008 Governor's Community Service and Volunteerism Award!!

http://www.governor.virginia.gov/mediarelations/newsreleases/viewRelease.cfm?id=646

WOOOHOOO!! GO BECCA!!!!

After breakfast I hit the mall with my sister-in-law Melissa and her little girl Kiara. I got my first dose of crusin' around the mall pushing a stroller while trying to avoid pretty much everything in my path. After kicking the wheels a few times I realized that this was going to take some getting used to. I think I'll have to take my stroller out for a few trial runs! HA!!

I went to "the hole" later on to watch what I hoped would be a series tying game between the Wizards and the Cavaliers but once again the boys let me down. They gave it a pretty good effort but clearly not good enough. We still have a shot of moving on to the next round.....I mean they only have to win 3 in a row - 2 of which will be in Cleveland. Not totally impossible.......... DEAR CRAZY!!!

Dinner with the hubby and friends was a perfect ending to the day. Back to work tomorrow and then the last shift on Tuesday Night (just a reminder). ;0)

Hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments: