Monday, October 5, 2009

Oooops! I did it again.....

Over a month has gone by again with no posts! I have to tell ya - once the evening rolls around and I've been on my computer all day - getting onto the laptop isn't high on my list of things I want to do. Now that I've given you my excuse - let me tell you about our month of September.

Once again - it was a BUSY month. Let's start at the beginning.....
Labor Day weekend/Scott's birthday. We had a family dinner at the Bradley's to celebrate Scott's birthday - moon bounce and all! Yep - you read correctly - there was a moon bounce for the kids! Taylor LOVE LOVE LOVED it! She got in and Ben bounced her up up and away for a good amount of time and she just wanted more. I'd say it was a great purchase on Leslie's part.





The next night we went over to Tom & Angela's for a BBQ. Taylor had a blast playing with their little pugs. They didn't mind her either since she was feeding them Chex Mix all night! HA!



The next weekend was the girls football weekend in Green Bay. I couldn't believe it was finally here. Heather, Stacy and I had been waiting since back in Spring for this weekend together! A little history behind the trip.....Heather and Stacy meet up once a year for a Bears game. Sometimes in Chicago - sometimes other places. This year, the first Bears game of the season happened to be the first Sunday Night Football game in Green Bay. So naturally this was the game they chose to meet at and I was the lucky one that got an "invite" to join them. It was a no-brainer on my part - especially when Ben said he didn't mind having a weekend with Taylor all to himself. (Yes - I know I'm the luckiest girl!!)


The weekend was nothing short of outstanding. The only thing that would have made it better was a Bears win over the Packers. If you are a sports fan - I highly encourage you to make your way to Lambeau Field at some point in your lifetime. They are BY FAR the nicest people/fans you will ever meet. We made a lot of new friends in our short time there - both Bears and Packers fans. I'm already looking forward to finding out where we are going next year! ;0)





The next weekend marked the start of my working every other Sunday at Glory Days for football season. I haven't worked a Football Sunday in years but I was happy to take it on once asked. I get to work with Heather so that just makes it even more fun for us - and the guests (LBH)!


The last weekend - our friend Tony from NC came into town to visit. If you remember a few months back when I solicited all of you for votes for Taylor in the photo contest for best Caniac - Tony was the one that submitted the now famous (in my world) photo. I haven't seen him in years so the visit was much anticipated. He and a few of his friends came over on Saturday for the Hokies game! Taylor - being the flirt that she is - enjoyed having a few more guys in the house to show all of her toys and books too. They were good sports and played along great. Tony didn't come empty handed - he brought Taylor her first Carolina Hurricanes t-shirt to wear while watching hockey with Aunt Heather. It's cute but we all know she is a CAPS fan at heart. Hint hint Uncle Todd - she needs CAPS gear! ;0)


So there you have it - our month of September in a few short paragraphs. I will make every effort to post more often but October is looking crazy - starting with a trip to NC this weekend to see the Eillott's and Kevin & Katie. Looking forward to it!!

No comments: