Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!!

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope this post finds all of you enjoying a beautiful day with friends and family! We are hanging low this evening - Taylor still isn't feeling 100% better so Ben and I have a big date with our deck and a glass of wine (well - that part is for me).

For those of you that I haven't talked to in the last few days - Taylor has a little virus. She was up most of the night on Wednesday and wasn't her normal self the next day. Our daycare provider called to tell me that she was running a slight fever. I went and got her only to find that her nose wouldn't stop running and she was burning up. The doctor's office was all backed up for the remainder of the afternoon so I decided to take her to Urgent Care. With her history of ear infections - I didn't want to take any chances waiting since it was a holiday weekend. It was a MISERABLE experience for both of us but on a good note - no ear infection, no strep throat, no flu....just a virus. So 3 LONG hours later - we were home and helpless since there is nothing that can be done for a virus.

All is not lost though - we were able to see fireworks last night. Sterling has their firework show on the 3rd so the three of us, the Bradley's, Melissa, Buck & the girls, Billy and Joe all went to check them out. I have to say that I was beyond impressed with Taylor. I figured that since they started almost 2 hours after her bed time that she would fall asleep in her stroller - nope. Then I figured since she was up that late and loud "BOOM's" not too far away that she would be a hysterical mess - nope again! She just hung out and watched the show - every once in a while pointing to the air and making a funny face. The night was a success!

I'm a little behind..... CLICK HERE for our June pictures.

Until next time!!

No comments: