Sunday, November 22, 2009

Runnin' just as fast as we can......

So not too much has been going on since my last post. Everything has been pretty same old. Same old except for the fact that I have finally gotten off my lazy a$$ and started running again. Yes, you read correctly - I am running. Amanda and Jacqueline (and we can't leave out Todd) inspired me to get started. Amanda told me about a race that was in Leesburg and Jac pointed me in the direction of the Couch to 5K program. The program is great! It starts off slow and works you up week by week. So I completed the first 3 weeks just in time to take part in the 7th Annual Freeze Your Gizzard 5K here in the Burg yesterday with Amanda. I knew that we would be run/walking and was perfectly content with that. What I didn't know was what a "cross country" race was. Do you? Well - let me tell you.....it was running in mud, dodging tree limbs, jumping over creeks, avoiding tree roots sticking up out of the ground and trying to get through long wet grass. Awful!! Other than that - it was tons of fun! I had set a personal goal of finishing in 45 minutes and we crossed the finish line at 41:20! Wooohooo! Go us! The last and final push was made easier with my dad trotting beside of us clapping and then looking up to see my mom, Ben and Taylor at the finish line! It meant alot that they came out to cheer us on although I'm sure they are looking forward to coming out again when the weather is warmer! HA! Dear Crazy!



Almost Done!

Me and Amanda post race!



Taylor wanted to cross the finish line too!

No rest for the weary though - we are signed up for the Landsdowne Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving morning! Woot!

No comments: